Paris is the capital city of France. It is a very popular tourist destination, due to its architecture, monuments, gastronomy, and recreational activities. Have you decided to spend your vacation in Paris? It is a very good decision because Paris is a fascinating city.
Do you know that to spend your free time in Paris, there are a few cash-free activities you can do? Discover the things you can do free of charge in Paris and make your stay in this big town pleasurable and memorable.
The things you can do free of charge in Paris
- Meet local artists: If you are fascinated bz French arts, this is your big chance. It is possible to meet and hang out with French artists at Rue de Rivoli, which is located between Chatelet and the Louvre. The site encompasses 30 studios for 30 different artists. Every week, they welcome people to visit the studios for free. You will have an opportunity to marvel at the French art and sculpture. The studios are open for visits from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Admire the architecture: Paris is home to a fascinating Gothic church which is open for a visit seven days a week, from Monday to Sunday. The opening hours may vary so you have to check on the spot. This amazing site will give you an idea of what a Renaissance and Gothic architecture is like. It is the second-biggest church in Paris.
- Visit a museum: The French museum Musée Carnavalet is open five days a week for the public for free. The museum encompasses paintings of renowned French public figures, and scale models representing medieval Paris. You should not miss to visit the Carnavalet museum to learn about the French history.
- Visit the house of Victor Hugo: Victor Hugo is a reputable French novelist. He wrote several best-sellers in his lifetime, such as The Miserables, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame, just to list a few. His home is transformed into a museum which is open for visits during the weekdays.
- Guided tour of the City Hall: Once a week, the French Hotel de Ville is open for the public to visit, after making a reservation. You will find the architecture, the sculptures inside the Hall, and the arts quite awe-inspiring. The City Hall also hosts a free art exhibition about Paris. You will certainly find this free visit really fascinating.
Find cheap plane tickets to go to Paris
You may have thought that you must set aside a large budget before you can come to Paris. It is not always the case, because there are many free things to do in Paris. Many art museums are open for free to visit in Paris. By searching more online, you will have quite a busy schedule during your stay in Paris.
So it is time to find a cheap plane ticket to Paris. The online travel agency Opodo has the best offers for you. Go on the Opodo's website, enter your intended departure and return dates, as well as the number of people traveling with you. For the best offer, also book your accommodation in Paris through Opodo.